Saturday, June 9, 2012

Suspicious Items

We are over halfway there! Fortunately, things have slowed down a bit and have become much more physically comfortable. We are enjoying the little moments and trying to rest up when we can.

April 21 21 weeks
The car seat that we have is one of the safest seats, but it is on the bigger side. So one Saturday when I got off of work early, we checked on the house and then went to finish registering at Lone Star Baby. This store is only in the DFW area, but I love it! They're mission is education. They do private appointments for registering and are always available to teach you about products and answer any questions you might have. Everyone is so friendly and so excited for you. I am still amazed at how excited people are for us, including total strangers. It's definitely surreal and makes me feel so blessed. So while we were there, we had them show us how to put this car seat in my car and see if it fit appropriately. It worked out and ended up living in my car for about a month. I finally took the car seat out of the car, but I still drive around with the base in there. First of all, I'm afraid I won't be able to put it back in if I take it out. Secondly, I don't have a ton of energy, and I kind of like it there.

May 11 24 weeks
Things are started to become very real when Jeff brought in a package from the front porch one morning that was addressed to me. I quickly racked my brain for what I might have ordered online, which I rarely do, but told Jeff I hadn't ordered anything. When I opened it up, I discovered our very first official baby registry gift. It was from someone who couldn't make it to the shower in Houston. It was so sweet, and I just stared at the gift with a big smile on my face. Jeff would only be working for a few hours that day since we had our sonogram. After receiving our first gift in the mail, seeing Brock on the sonogram (and hearing that everything looked great), and checking on our house to find that it had been totally bricked (and I loved the color), we were on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.

May 12
I have been good and only bought a few things at the Baby Gap Outlet with Aren so the rest of them are outfits that other people have given to us. All of his stuff is in our office since we won't be setting up a nursery at this house. It is beginning to pile up so I decided that I could at least hang up the clothes. Jeff didn't understand the need for little hangers, but when I came home with them after work he smiled and followed me into the office. He wanted to be the one to put each thing on the hanger while I organized them by size. It is so fun to imagine him and his personality and what he will look like while we hold up these clothes that sometimes seem tiny and at others seem huge when we think about how big he is right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment