Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Shower fit for a King (of the jungle)

May 19 25 weeks

My sisters, mom, and cousin definitely outdid themselves. They threw a jungle/safari themed shower for Brock and me, and I have never felt more spoiled and loved. A lot of my friends who live in Houston and both of our families were there. I miss them all so much, think of them often, and cherish the time I get to spend with them. One of my favorite things about my wedding was that it was the one time (so I thought) that a crazy mix of people who care about us would all come together in one place. Having moved a lot growing up, living in a different city now, and going to school in Austin has created quite the spread of family and friends. I didn't realize that I would get to feel a similar feeling at my baby shower. Angie had a game with questions wrapped in each layer of a package...Grandma Anna (my mom's mom) had come the furthest from Baxter, West Virginia, Megan had known me the longest since 4 months of age, and Beth opened the final layer to win the prize with a funny story about my 18th birthday party. These are just a few examples of the questions that reminded me of the fun combination of people present to celebrate Brock. The dessert spread was irresistible, complete with my favorite...Little Debbie Zebra Cakes and sour patch kids. They even had eggless cupcakes for me. They made sure that the entire spread of food was friendly for my food allergies...once again the only other time this occurred was at my wedding.


These pictures were on the entry table. Apparently Jeff and I had the same playpen.

Items for the Price Is Right Game.


The challenge was to make a diaper cake for me, and they did an amazing job! I don't want to take it apart.

Me with my beautiful sisters!

My cousin Tacy came all the way from North Carolina and Tara has recenty moved to Houston, which is so much fun!

My aunt and grandmother came from West Virginia!

My other mother, Belinda (Megan's mom).

Jeff's step mother, Cheryl and Nana drove from Dallas that morning. They are so excited for Brock to come, and Nana is thrilled that the Fletcher name will continue.


We sent the big items back with Jeff's mom and step-mom, we brought back most of the small stuff, and then my parents brought the rest the following weekend. Brock is one lucky little guy and will be very well dressed!

Sunny and Monster were not sure what to make of all of it. Let the slow exposure to baby stuff begin.

I was exhausted after such a fun weekend. I have started to notice a little swelling at the end of a work day and when I've been busy. I generally listen, try to rest, and put them up if I can.

My sweet friend Beth had ordered Brock's gift before the shower so Brock received his first package addressed to him a few days later. I love it!

We couldn't resist sorting through all of the gifts, looking at everything, and opening the boxes. Our very sweet friends personally approved of our stroller and gave it to us at the shower. Jeff put it together, "racing harness" and all. The dogs were not too sure about this new contraption.

A few days later, the Pack 'N Play was delivered so we decided to put it together. It took at least an hour to figure this one out so I had to take a break. Monster really had a hard time with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment